Thursday 1 May 2014

Classic wheels!

Yes the Sunday Stamper Challenge numero '305' is all about wheels....well I struggled with this at first because I couldn't think of any stamps I had that had wheels....cogs and gears yes...but wheels? Well as you can see I did find a mini stamp and along with the sentiment it's probably one of the most iconic stamp images.........which meant it had to be a tag.


I decided to try out distress paints which I haven't used before and used broken china and crushed olives. Liked the effect, the cogs and gears are from IndiogoBlu. The main image is embossed into clear UTEE on cardboard having put a swoosh of distress paint underneath the image. There is also some tarnished brass distress paint and Treasure gold (of course). BTW I did also find a pram and a rickshaw so I did have a few more options. Thanks for stopping by.

Updated.... meant to add that I have been trying out distress paints so I can play along with the CC3C challenge being hosted here but I have another week to submit something 'marbled' so watch this space!....2nd update..after Hels comment I am going to enter this via the link into the Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge at cc3challenge.com.CC3C  after all.....I can always submit another next week!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely colour scheme and great vintage elements and images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Ruth, totally love your tag! The grungy backing to that wonderful vintage car looks stunning and I just love how you finished the side of the tag too, looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Ruth, the car into UTEE looks fab... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... btw, you can link to the CC3C with this too hun, you can join in both x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you linked it! Great background color, and of course I totally dig the car!!! Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge at CC3 Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE your background colors... very 'dreamy' and yummie... love it... Great TAG in all ways... love, light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.