Friday 2 May 2014

3UP part 2 with Ellen Vargo stamps


Just thought I'd share some step by step photos of my 'Tropical Secret Garden' which was posted earlier here on the PaperArtsy blog, apologies photo heavy post....Firstly how the background was made building up the layers of colour, I'm not going to go into too much detail here as it's explained on the PaperArtsy blog post.



Light colors first, Zesty Zing and Limelight over the text stamps


Continue using a baby wipe to apply the remaining colours 


Then the stencils..and stamps



Petals for the flower stamped on cotton covered smoothy card, it curves and holds its shape beautifully.


Side view hopefully shows the flowers dimension.


Absolutely loved doing this, thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. I really love your tropical garden Ruth. The colours are so vibrant and fun. I also love how you have used Ellen's stamps to creat flowers. Huge congrats xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Ruth, stunning colours, fantastic collage and stencilling. Your flower has so much depth and texture. Thank you for such fab inspiration:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say how magnificent this is. I love the hot colour background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous to see some extra photos of the steps along the way! As a fellow 3up-per I am just working on something inspired by this right now (well I'll get back to it after lunch, at least!) It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ruth, apologies for not being here sooner. Congrats on a stunning #3UP project. The colours are so gorgeous, like a tropical garden. Thank you for the kind comment on my project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great post and project Ruth. I love the vibrancy, and how you built up the petals. A great tutorial, and congratulations of being part of 3UP. I loved it too and it gave me the chance to pop over and see more of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really amazing piece, Ruth. I missed the PA post,but am so glad I checked here. Love how the background colors have blended together and the flower is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! The background really looks fantastic and the flower just pops, so stunning and colourful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning design Ruth.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.