Friday 2 December 2016

Christmas Wishes at Stamps and Stencils.....

Hi everyone...well I'm late to the party and I apologise to you all. The new challenge at Stamps and Stencils has started and our host this month is the very talented Toni. Without further ado here's what Toni has to say..

Ahhhh! Christmas, like it or lump it, it rolls around every year and seems to arrive faster than ever. If you celebrate Christmas, it's likely that you'll be making cards, gift tags, decorations or even creating your own wrapping paper. My Christmas Wish is to see some of the creative things you are making, in order to spread a little seasonal love to your families and friends. My only request is that you include some stamping or stenciling or even both! 



I decided to create a little window decoration and I've used Tracy Scotts Gothic blooms set. As soon as I saw these stamps I thought they would be perfect to use at Christmas time as well, as they could double as spiky frosted winter  blooms or snowflakes. I thought I'd use a slightly different colour combination just to ring the changes and of course I had to add some bling.


At this time of year we need quick ideas that can be easily replicated, well I certainly do! I used some smoothy stamping card and quickly brushed some fresco paints on to it in bougainvillea, antarctic and tango. Add in some Lindy's stamp gang sprays and splashes and my go to shabby white enamel frantage and wow gold sparkle embossing powder, heat set and it's done. I just wanted splashes of colour and pops of bling.


I stamped lots of images and heat embossed in wow black glint embossing powder, a little fussy cutting later and its ready to be assembled.


The background is a coaster which has been painted gold and then a crackle glaze applied  before applying a coat of antarctic. Let the crackle appear add in some more stamping...love the bubble doodles from the same plate. To finish I added some dots of white enamel accents and frosted lace stickles. I hope you can find a little time to join in our challenge. For more amazing inspiration and  all the details please hop across to see what the rest of the talented DT have created for you. Ruth x

5 comments:

  1. You are right about those gorgeous spiky blooms, they are perfect for this time of year - I love your colour choices and those 'bubbles' (snowballs ?) at the top are beautiful too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth, this is totally gorgeous !!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Ruth! Must admit I was eyeing up Tracy's blooms myself but with so many Birthdays as well as Christmas coming up they are on hold!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so beautiful and elegant.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you created the flowers, dear Ruth. A wonderful ornament, with the many colored flowers, and the icy feeling and snowballs !
    I hope your Christmas, was fine, and that your new year have started great.
    Happy New Year, Ruth. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.