Friday 18 November 2016

'Cracking Up' at A Vintage Journey

Hi everyone, today I have 2 posts to share with you, first up I'm part of the pinworthy inspiration post over at 'A Vintage Journey' for this months challenge theme which is all about luscious crackle. I decided to use lots of lovely decoart crackle paint to create the texture and used clear crackle on the vial.


To start I used some tissue tape over the edges of the canvas and then gave it a coat of sage fresco paint.


Next I used a palette knife to apply the crackle paint to give fine crazing and large cracks.


Once dry, I applied the burnt umber antiquing cream...


and rubbed it back with a damp wipe.


This is to show the before and afters, some of the embellishments were quite near the bronze colour I was after, but others needed a bit more paint and antiquing.


Lastly assemble it, add a little treasure gold over the embellishments and crackle....


..and a little stamping of fine text around the niche...


I think this shows the lovely variation in crackle


Final close up


I was delighted to be nominated and I want to thank the team for inviting me. I really enjoyed creating this...sometimes things just come together very pleasingly. Hope you get chance to join in and for more inspiration pop across and see what the other pinworthies have created....as always thanks for stopping by x

10 comments:

  1. Ruth, your creation is absolutely stunning, all that fabulous crackle looks amazing the way you have 'aged' it and the little vial you added is superb! I hope you have this hanging somewhere prominent in your home because it really does deserve to be seen... Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at AVJ! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this fabulous Crackled home decor piece Ruth. I agree with Anne and hope it's hanging in your home. It's fabulous

    Tfs and hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so beautiful Ruth, the crackle looks totally incredible, I also just love the soft colouring and the way the embellies are aged, a stunning project and a great step by step!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Ruth! I do love that you added that crackled bottle as well- perfect fit!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ruth,
    I don`t know how you master those amazing crackled creations, and this is stunning!!! What a gorgeous piece of art , with the beauty of your altered embellishments , just sighing Ruth !!!
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth, absolutely gorgeous, love it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this great piece of yours! Being so narrow the niche emphasizes the mysterious character of the composition ... reminds me of some sort of shrine. Thanks for sharing each stage of its making - just gorgeous!

    Tamara / https://herzkoeniginspapertales.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful piece Ruth. The crackle texture is wonderful and also the aging of the embellishments has worked brilliantly to create a lovely piece of art. The little vial is perfect!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so crackleicious Ruth. Just my kinda thing too. Great assembly of artefacts. Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This frame looks like an old wooden piece of board :) Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.