Saturday 1 April 2017

...bits and bobs

Hi everyone, well I said I'd try and sneak another post in, this is scheduled for April because I have posted every month since I started and didn't want to have nothing for my 'Gallery' this month. I'm sharing 4 cards and a couple of atc's.


I make and keep backgrounds for a reason, you just never know when one might be perfect....well that's the excuse for my huge stash and I'm sticking to it. This one was made with brayered acrylic IZINK a few years ago and just fitted the blooms perfectly.

I've long admired the flower making skills of Jennie Atkinson who has some wonderful tutorials. I noticed that she uses a spellbinders set by Tammy Tutterow quite a lot and so it's a recent purchase of mine. I've just used them flat...well slightly shaped but only one or 2 layers for this card as I wanted the centres to be made of these wonderful old buttons and visible.


I've used Khadi paper and sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in gorgeous teal colours which I then dabbled a bit of  Captain Peacock fresco paint into in. Once sprayed I laid stencils on top an let it dry before carefully peeling off, hope you can see the pattern it left. A little gold text embossing before die cutting.

I had some flowers left over so made this card using up some of my paper from where I experimented with 'mark making' , interesting how the background colour can change the tone of the flowers.


I added some gold hand stitching just to make it a little more special, after all it had only taken 2 minutes to assemble as everything was precut.


Next up I revisited my stitched babywipe leaves and petals. I added some more hand stitching and colour to the petals and it made for a modern CAS card.



These are some ATC's I made for the PaperArtsy stand at stitches in February using Lin Browns stamps and I'd forgotten I hadn't shared them.


This is a style I just keep going back to...



Lastly Lynne Perella and infusions that I'd already sneaky peeked but here it is as a finished card.


It's on glossy card which gives a softer effect which I rather like.


Thanks as always for stopping by and now I can say I'll be back in bloggy land next month. R x

12 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love that gold stitching. Such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously unique Ruth, oh, and Yummily scrumptious! So many fabulous ideas and compositions are awe inspiring! Xx 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post Ruth, full of wonderfully inspiring projects! The flowers are beautiful and I just love your stitched baby wipe petal!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful. Each and every one work of art. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredibly beautiful Ruth, I love every one! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly beautiful projects, every last one! So glad to see you busy at play. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all delightful, and I have to say the black and white background with the teal flowers is totally eyecatching, and really stands out for me. I love your use of gold highlights throughout and the little touches of stitchery - as always your attention to detail is amazing and really adds class and elegance to all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love every one of them! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous catch-up post - lovely to see what you've been up to. The touches of gold really catch the light in a wonderful way - the LB ATCs are a joy. The rust and teal of the first card is a treat, and the subtle Infusions background lets the magnificent LP woman shine.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I forgot to mention my love for the stitched leaf too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Ruth, a brilliant collection. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.