Thursday 17 April 2014

PaperArtsy weekly challenge

This is my 'attempt' at the Hanging canvas trio  by Ellen Vargo. I loved the original, so fresh, and I am pleased  for once that I have managed to submit something in time. I enjoyed playing and trying something different but if I was repeating it I would make the words smaller, probably use canvas as I didn't prep the surface of the coasters very well and Mrs Impatient, I should have let the glue dry before outlining in black!....At this point I am telling myself there are no mistakes in Art.




 Anyway instead of canvas I used coasters, 


I also had a napkin with a flourish on it. Instead of the alphabet stamp which I don't have I wanted to use an open image so thought the trio of postmarks from a Hot Picks set worked very well. 


For the white spots I brushed snowflake through a stencil. The rest is pretty much as the original but I chose to use a great quote from Maya Angelou. Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, the coasters work really well. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coaster trio! Turned out amazing and i love the quote you chose. Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great, the coasters and the choice of napkins works really well,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use coasters Ruth, they look great! x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.