Thursday 1 June 2017

Words with Meaning at Stamps and Stencils

Hi everyone, we have a new challenge over at Stamps and Stencils and it's all about using words, here's what Sue the host of this months theme has to say about it. Words with Meaning - I may be an old romantic but I love to see quotes and meaningful sayings on pieces of art. These can be quotes that are particularly meaningful to you or family sayings ! So, for this challenge I want to see your words taking centre stage, big and bold ! Remember, as always, you need to include some stamping or stencilling or both !



I love incorporating words, especially on my journal pages and have a whole board of favourite quotes on my pinterest account. I've used a current favourite on these pages.


I found these pages where I'd scraped spare paint onto my journal and thought this would be a good place to start. I loved the fresh and zingy look to these and wanted to try and keep the white space.


I added stamping and stencilling, keeping the purple and green separate  with only a little overlap of colours. I wanted to add some more white and after looking through my stencils decided I would use a piece of card I had die cut flowers from, it just seemed perfect for the pages.


I've used Lin Brown and Seth Apter stamps with archival ink and fresco paint.


A little texture was needed....I added crackle paste and sprinkled it with silver leaf, and rock candy distress glitter and added some pearl glaze as well as I wanted the white blossoms to sparkle and shine when they caught the light in keeping with the quote.



A few close ups of the words where I've added splashes of silver ink.



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop across and see what the rest of the talented team have created to inspire you this month.


9 comments:

  1. gorgeous pages, love the soft summery colours and the quotes of course! great texture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these pages are just beautiful Ruth. Stunning colours and pretty sparkles without being OTT. Lovely quotes too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful quotes, dear Ruth, and so true!!
    And Love your white flowers, created from your paper piece, they fly so gentle over the happy spread, -happy lovely colors- and the sparkle is gorgeous, I`m sure, -I love sparkle , lol- also love your stamping , and beautiful circles you used !! Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pages Ruth...very inspiring. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages Ruth, I love the quote you've used and the colours are gorgeous together. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pages are gorgeous Ruth and I so love the colours you've used too. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ruth, I just love your fabulous journaling here. The colors and way you stamped the words are perfect and really speak to me. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a "scraped paint background" it is amazing. It just shows that your artistic instincts kick in even when you are just scraping off some paint. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layers in your background - such a delight to see mop up pages turn into something so spectacular. I love your stamped quotes - the words are wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.