Friday 17 February 2017

No Place Like Home...

Hi everyone, thought I'd share a card a made a few weeks ago for a dear friend that is very similar to the card in the previous post. This time as the light improved I was able to do step outs which I thought might be useful. It's a technique and style I keep returning to....and is really easy.


As you can see I'm still in the blue phase here!


So to start, some Prima and Tim Holtz paper from my stash, distressed at the edges.


Gesso scraped through a stencil and yes it will seep under and adds to the effect. Wonky stitching is easier at this stage.


A quick wash of paint wiped back.


Stamping and crackle paste through another stencil. Stamped and painted main image (a fave Paperartsy stamp plate). Some gold and white pen highlights.


Extra flowers stamped.


Shabby silver and white frantage.


Detail...love layering up, it always adds depth, paint splashes...more stamping.


Finished...




Thanks so much for stopping by and have a lovely crafty weekend...

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the subtle background! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Ruth, I love the wonky stitching too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your blue phase Ruth!
    This card is just lovely, I truly love how you marry elements so effortlessly!
    Jackie xo

    ps thank you for your comments and encouragement,they mean so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blue tones and a lovely textured background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you created your beautiful textured background Ruth, the sewed lines, here and there, and that wonderful stamp -all in blue, and white, making it a gorgeous kind of winter landscape, -beautiful, dear !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.