Wednesday 18 January 2017

NEW Eclectica Lin Brown products launch!

Hi everyone, well just a bit excited as the launch of fabulous new products over at PaperArtsy continues this week and tonight it's time to share the gorgeous new collection of  Lin Brown. Feeling very, very lucky as I got the opportunity to be a wing man... and alongside the oh so talented Kath Stewart....no pressure then! Enough of me being a giddy kipper, lets get on and show you the video to whet you're appetite.


So a lot to share...they are truly fabulous stamps to work with and I really wanted to show you how versatile these sets are so first up is 'Live Today' using ELB 31.



The colour palette we used from the PaperArtsy Fresco chalk acrylic paint range were Antarctic, Lake Wanaka, South Pacific, Granny Smith, Tango and Toffee, so I matched my archival inks to them. I often use more than one colour of ink on a stamp and if you're careful you won't contaminate the pads. I couldn't decide on the orientation of the card at this stage but either way would work. 


Next I used double sided tape to create homemade washi tape. Use your finger to paint a short strip with your chosen colour and then stamp randomly in archival ink using the background stamps. A quick waft with a heat gun will set the ink.


 I also used some card that I'd stamped, stencilled and painted when I was first playing with the stamps but it didn't make it to an end product, nothing is wasted though and it's all part of the play.


Paint some smoothy stamping card with Tango, South Pacific and Granny Smith, dry and then stamp in black archival ink before using clear embossing powder. Whilst the powder is till warm I burnished on a little gold foil in a few areas before cutting out the leaves.


I then mounted them on foam pads and added the words which I'd edged with ink.


Next up 'Inspire', a tag using ELB 32. I'm still keeping it clean and simple and used a style I've been exploring and enjoying that you may recognise from my recent work.



Instead of mark making with ink I've built my 'scaffold' using the background stamps and black archival ink.


Next I swiped paint in Tango and South Pacific down and across, drying them in between to avoid making mud. Glue strips of book text across and then  more stamping - some in snowflake paint and some using white embossing powder. To finish the background I added a sprinkle of shabby white embossing enamel although splattering with gold and white fresco paint would also work.


To finish the butterflies were stamped in two colours of archival and clear embossed, adding a little gold embossing powder as well. The word is also embossed in two tone ink.


Time to get painty with 'Miracles' using ELB 33, and stencil PS043





Starting with a piece of smoothy card stock, I brayered on Antartic, Snowflake and touches of Granny Smith and Lake Wanaka paint. I then spread clear embossing paste through the leaf part of the stencil.


More brayering, lots of stamping and drips.


Repeat stamp the leaves in two tones of archival before clear embossing and trimming. The quote is stamped in archival and clear embossed as well to make it pop. To finish curl and shape the leaves before adhering with some 3d gel and a sprinkle of shabby white embossing enamel.


Last but not least I'm going totally grungy, it's 'Imagine' using ELB 34 and all the stencils including PS044 and PS045





All about the layers, lots of brayering and stamping...


...and stencilling...


..more brayering, stamping and stencilling...


...a little sanding and knocking back...


...stamping and embossing using vintage photo powder. Hoping you can see the layers and texture here.


The embellishment is clear UTEE to which I've added some gilding flakes before stamping into. A little treasure gold just lifts it and I just had to use the hinge.


A long post but there was so much to get through! I do hope you've been inspired and please do hop across to Lin and Kaths blogs (links at the beginning) where you'll find how they've used them in their own unique, gorgeous style to create some truly stunning artwork.
These really are versatile stamps and stencils, absolutely loved using them and so honoured to have been asked by Lin....just can't wait to use them more.

Thanks for stopping by Ruth xx

14 comments:

  1. Wow Ruth - I saw some sneak peaks of the samples and loved them! Even better now. Gorgeous stamps, fabulous designs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all gorgeous, Ruth - but "inspire" is my favourite - absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin could not have wished for two better people than you and Kath to showcase her fabulous new stamps Ruth. I love all of the samples you created, especially the first and last, they are quite stunning! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank so much Ruth for all your hard work and beautiful samples. It's always nerve jangling launching new products and you certainly helped enormously.....thank you so much. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg - this is all stunning - my fav is the tag with butterflies - its totally beautiful colour ,theme and Cas - omg i wish I had this skill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really love these samples Ruth, especially the butterflies one xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning samples, they all showcase the fab new stamps and stencils, Imagine is my fave, just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am speechless- stunning pieces! I love them all but my fav is the butterflies tag! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Ruth, and a great showcase of Lin's stamps - and your talent! I especially love the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful samples you've made Ruth and what absolutely gorgeous new stamps! Congratulations on getting to work with these, what an honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see how you created your gorgeous samples Ruth. You did Lin proud! Xx 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtakingly beautiful samples Ruth. Really fabulous. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally stunning samples Ruth, I love each and every one! Lucky you getting to play with these before anyone else - I love the new stamp sets! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could have sworn I came and commented here too - I saw these over at PA obviously, and was completely blown away both by the stamps and by your glorious work with them. Lovely, lovely (and so sorry to be so late to the party!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.