Thursday 7 July 2016

Tic Tac Toe at Stamps and stencils!

Hi everyone, time for our next challenge at Stamps and Stencils and our host this month is the lovely Toni who has chosen a fab Tic Tac Toe theme!

This month I'm challenging you to have a little mixed media fun, with a game of Tic Tac Toe. Create a project that includes at least three  of the elements from the table below, chosen from either a vertical, horizontal or diagonal line. Remember, to include some stamping or stencilling.

   

So this is what I created in my large dylusions journal...



 ..as you can see I've used circles and then I went straight down the middle for the rest of my choices - corrugated cardboard and string.

These were my journal pages at the start, with wipe offs from some green pages.


Circle paint stencilling, circles made of string, strips of corrugated card and for some reason I wanted to cut circles out of an old map.



Next scraped on gesso, texture paste and crackle paste on the map circles.




Then I had fun just adding colour to the project and I used Lindy's stamp gang sprays, stamps, Neocolor II crayons and around the edges Colorstix. I added Treasure gold for highlights and some splashes of paint. I really enjoyed adding the colour by doing lots of blending and wiping back...great fun!





At the time I was starting this I was struck by the cyclical nature of things and how to move forward when faced with change. This Donna Downey quote stamp seemed perfect.


Please hop across and see some fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and I hope you'll be tempted to join in and have some fun choosing your three elements!

Thanks as always for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. great page and a fab quote. Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruth, your art journal page is absolutely stunning! I just adore your rich textures and that quote is simply perfect! I love the way how you used those corrugated cardboard pieces! Wow, it's a brilliant pice of art! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Ruth! I can really see the fun you've had creating each and every layer on these pages!!! Really makes me want to grab my journal and start playing. Great interpretation of the challenge ! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pages Ruth! Thanks for sharing the process of all those gorgeous layers. Brilliant use of the three elements and blend of my favourite colours.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely amazing spread! I am thrilled about it!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are beautiful, the colours you used and the circles are quite soothing (if that makes sense!). The corrugated elements and the string add some wonderful further dimension - love these pages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely fabulous Ruth - the circles and texture are brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your art journal pages are over the top fabulous and this is no exception. Love all the texture you created and the colour palette is terrific.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Ruth!! Your texture is so amazing, using a map was a genius idea! Love the shading around your circles, such an incredible sense of dimension! Hope you're having a wonderful summer! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, Ruth! These circles are enchanting! The layers of texture and color are so pretty and the sentiment is definitely perfect! What a great project and lovely take on our theme. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how your pages turned out, the circles and the texture are just wonderful and then there's the quote.......love it ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous journal page Ruth, gorgeous textures! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful journal pages Ruth, love all the gorgeous detail. Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth!
    I soooo very much love your art!! I know I have recently used the word exquisite when referring to something you have created, but may I say it again?? This is just stunning and I love that you shared your steps! Thank you! Can you tell I am a fan? xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning page spread which allows the imagination to go wandering through the universe. Love the textures and layers of colour giving it such depth.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a background - I love your textures and layers, and the subtle glimpses of stamping, maps, shapes and numbers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.