Tuesday 30 May 2017

The ties that bind

Hi everyone, just a very short post today. I shared a snippet of a journal page on social media and I haven't shared the whole page so here are both.
.

Manchester is my home city....I had a piece of material stamped with the Lynne Perella images already to hand from some previous dabbling. I decided to tear it in half so it would fit in the journal and fold and really the piece evolved from there. A little bit of journalling and there are what look like quirky hearts...they are 22 of them and they are made from 22 with the first number reversed, random acts of kindness are also represented by RAK.


Linked together by mesh and thread that can't be torn apart... I'd been playing around with the word and realised that Manchester has the letters of heart in it and placed them so you can read it across and then link it. Art is a form of expression and sometimes you can't move forward until you've put your feelings and thoughts down. Take care. x

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful page from a terrible event. Very glad you shared it here, even if I am behind the times catching up with it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.