Sunday 26 March 2017

Home is where the heart is...

Hi everyone, I haven't had a lot of time to play in recent months and apart from some delicious dabbling with the new infusions I haven't sat down and just done something for fun for what seems like ages...my last journal page was over 6 months ago! Time to rectify that, and I have been inspired by a lot of the work and the introduction post for the current Paperartsy challenge 'Doors, Windows and Architecture'  so here is my journal page with architectural elements.



If I get the chance I love looking at architecture, older buildings with ornate work, some decaying and crumbling...or modern with smooth, clean lines. I struggle to walk past anything made from hewn stone, be it house or wall without touching it, especially if covered in moss....and might even take photographs of it....


So this particular house of my imagination has elements of my dream holiday place or retreat. I've used a mixture of Paperartsy and Crafty Individual stamps.

Infusions in 'Blackcurrant' and 'In the Navy' were used on the background and then overlaid in gold paint with one of my go to stencils. 



Home has always been where my heart is, it is my sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle ...peace and quiet so I can think...and of course create...the heart key seemed apt.


All the stamping was done in watering can archival and a little clear embossing added some texture that shows through the knocking back or 'whitewashing'...


Still on the architectural theme, I shared a snippet of this on instagram but here it is in full. Sometimes the randomness of using products like infusions can throw up backgrounds that just speak to you and need little adding. This was another background from the infusion post here and I just thought it looked like a stormy night.


A little Lynne Perella and stitching.


The splash of red just highlights the man in the door.


A gold posca pen just dotted and splashed adds gold highlights.

As I was in a card making mood it has been turned into one, I felt this font fitted the style best but not sure about the best wishes for someone just yet as it is a rather dramatic card...but you never know and I'm sure it will fit an occasion at some stage in the future!


The first 6 months of this year are pretty busy non craft wise and for lovely reasons....I might not be posting for a while unless I can sneak another one in soon, but I will definitely be back mid May....in the mean time Happy crafting! Ruth xx

11 comments:

  1. sounds like you are having a full on time - but I love your architectural journal page, it is gorgeous! The card is amazing too. Hope it's not too long before we see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journal page talks to me, lovely subtle colour scheme, great stamps... The Infusions give an threatening atmosphere to the card, like a stormy day, beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations both Ruth. You really are a whizz with Infusions and use them so effectively.

    I'll miss your fabulous work for a while but life gets in the way sometimes doesn't it. However, if it's for happy reasons I'll let you off, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects on the theme, Ruth. I really love that Lynne Perrella stamp with the man in the doorway and how fabulous it looks with the Infusions. Like you I adore textured walls and I love to touch stone and moss too! Your journal page really spoke to me. It's always a joy to see your work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects Ruth! I love the wall you created and the door and window look fantastic. The stormy sky on your card is amazing - love the stitching too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth
    I have not been able to visit blogs so this is such a special treat especially to view art that speaks to me. I love the way you worked with the gold paint and Gesso, with the Infusions, it conjures a dreamy effect, as though you are daydreaming of your dream home/retreat.
    I couldn't agree more about the effect of the Infusions bringing to mind a stormy sky. This is one of the reasons I love Infusions, their unpredictable nature, as though they are in control of the outcome and not us.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work! So gad you finnd some time to play! Those infusions truly are magical and you are a master at using them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pieces you have shared Ruth! I love each! Especially love the purple sky on the last one-delicious! What shade of infusion did you use,may I ask?
    Take care and look forward to more of what you create come May!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, your pages are oh so beautiful! I love the gentle stamping and relief. The card is amazing too! So glad you squeezed these in. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both projects are fabulous - I love the moody feel of the infusions piece, the stormy sky is perfect against the black sky line. And the journal pages are beautiful - I love your architectural images. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weathered stony look of the first page spread is great - love your mossy inspiration photo too - and I love the subtle Watering Can stamping. I'll have to track down that marvellous Beale text stamp, especially given he wrote it on my birthday! The stormy Infusions on the card are magical, especially with the stitching in the clouds... a really exciting touch.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.