Monday 27 February 2017

Infusions and a little rust...

Hi everyone, following on from my last post I've made a few cards using a mixture of Seth Apter and Lin Brown stamps. The first is all Seth's, I really liked the tag and star elements with script on them so I also created a little rust project and card following his monoprint technique that I was lucky enough to catch him demoing on periscope.

(I'm entering this card into the current  PaperArtsy challenge which is all about Infusions and Paint)


This is another print from a stencil, I've used Sleight Blue and Olive Tree on this one.


I used the edge of the star to make white lines with a sharpie.


The circle is the original piece of card I stencilled paint and sprinkled infusions through and the star is a piece of card swiped with infusions and paint. Using the same colours but in a different way helps the images stand out from the background.

Next I've used In the Navy, Green Man and yes Sleight Blue for a quick card.


I gessoed through a number stencil to create a resist before using infusions and then gently sanded back.


I added some crackle glaze to the numbers to help the tag stand out more, there is also a hint of treasure gold.


A piece of rusty fabric stamped with the hinge from a Lin Brown set, is tucked underneath, and I added in a rusted metal piece, black cotton and some robo die cuts.


It's great that you get the odd pop of pink or violet in places.

Next having seen this demoed I picked a piece of left over book board I had and was just going to have a play but couldn't really believe how easy and effective this was. You monoprint with paint from a piece of card.


Not sure if I pressed too hard or was using a very cheap piece of card to monoprint from at first..I changed to watercolour paper after the first disintegrated...but little blobs of paint appeared which I'm not sure were meant to...but I was happy.


This is the easiest rust I've ever made.


I added some home rusted paper clips...


...and a washer.




Next I had an idea for creating some rust in the centre of a card...Seth style, CAS and one layer??


I've used a mixed media paper containing cotton which gives a lovely ragged edge.


Some stitching and a little metallic finish it off.

 Thanks so much for stopping by again, I need to walk away from the infusions now...well just for a little bit!

27 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous samples Ruth, love them all. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely fantastic! Ruth . Big Love for them all. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow,wow , Ruth, your cards are fabulous, what an amazing mono print, do you think you can do it again, or is it a luck because of your paper choice... but it is gorgeous, and looks like a long time rusted old piece , -they are so wonderful all !! I have to try this ... Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic art Ruth. These are inspired. You are flying high my friend! Xx 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all, Ruth. Brilliant! Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards, Ruth! They've reminded me that I've got some PA rust that I've not used yet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic Ruth! Love the results you've achieved on all of them. Really want to have a play but I'm in the middle of having a major craftroom sort out and have told myself it must be finished before I allow myself to craft, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and inspiring as always Ruth!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fabulous makes, Ruth - each one with so much to offer. Your monoprinted rust is fabulous, and the second card with the rusty metal and fabric and that fabulously wild thread is a new favourite. Again - oodles of inspiration, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Infusions play Ruth! Beautiful pieces! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fantastic projects, Ruth! I really love the combo of rust and Infusions! These are fabulously textured and totally stunning little works of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How amazing are each and every one of these?!?! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are absolutely beautiful, each works were a very wonderful art and I enjoyed it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Ruth, - I am just doing a major catch up, as life has been so busy, - each and everyone of these is amazing, - arty, grungy and just brilliant! I cannot pick a favorite, I love them all.... Magical work with both the infusions and the clever paint technques, hugely inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my - love your Seth inspired pieces. The texture created using the monoprint technique is incredible. I stand in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Each piece is simply gorgeous Ruth! Wonderful textures and colour combinations! I'm not surprised they caught Seth's eye, you have used his fab products to full effect ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all absolutely stunning Ruth! I LOVE your mono printing one especially, but they are all very inspiring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so enjoyed dipping into your blog and learning such a lot. I had fun with the infusions too but nothing like this...Thank you for the inspiration on your amazing projects x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous work - the infusions backgrounds are stunning and I love how you get such gentle, subtle effects - I think I'm too heavy handed with them as I'm never happy with what I produce. The rusty tag is amazing - what a great effect you've achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stumbled across this today and Love it all over again!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowser! These are utterly fabulous Ruth. I was enthralled from start to finish. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant pieces Ruth......love the textures and colours
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Abso fab! I am lusting to see and touch these in person! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous rusty feast of inspiration Ruth. Your subtle treatments are a masterclass.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.