Monday 26 September 2016

More Inky Cards...

Hi everyone, this is a follow on from my previous post.... I so enjoyed 'making marks' on a variety of papers and creating cards from them that I've been making more and combining them with one of Lin Browns new stamp sets. As the current challenge over at PaperArtsy is all about Autumn leaves I'm joining in and I've chosen the most autumnal coloured one below to enter.


There's more info re this process in the link in my previous post but as the step below shows I've added some snowflake paint through a bubble stencil, then some soft autumnal stencilled leaves and book text before stamping the stars.


This time around instead of keeping all the space white I used a glaze ( 50% paint 50% acrylic glaze) and wiped it back with a baby wipe. The paper I'm using has a cotton content and I really like the way it holds and works with the paint. Further stencilling and stamping with WOW bonding powder to which I've applied another favourite of mine copper foil for shine. (love that leaf stamp!)


Next up uses a claret glaze and two toned archival inking on the leaves...also shabby white frantage is back! The snowflake paint acts as a great resist and theres a little gold paint swiped across as well. This was one of those cards where I'd wished I'd stopped a few steps before but in the end it worked out fine.


A little trip down memory lane now, I'm sure like many of you heat embossing a stamped image was the hook or the magic that drew me down this creative path many years ago (over 25 years ago for me... I know because I attended a show at a venue where 'The Stamp Man' was demonstrating this and it was my first trip out post my son being born...where does the time go?) Anyway I've been enjoying revisiting heat embossing recently and combining it in different ways with my art, hence the glitzy gold leaf below.


The grasses are embossed with WOW black glint embossing powder and the background is a painty background where I brayered snowflake very roughly over the paper and then used a blue glaze and red and yellow painty swipes on the book text.


I've added silver aged enamel frantage on this one.


Lastly a card keeping the space white, I decided to go green as I seemed to have used every other colour so far.



Painty swipes with a serrated plastic knife, I've used some alphabet stamps with archival to create a random pattern and keeping the Lin link I've used up bits of copper and rusty fabric from one of her workshops, speaking of which..

This weekend is the Port Sunlight Happy Stampers show and I'll miss being there..BUT the upside  is I'm at a fabric workshop of Lins with my good friend Sue Carrington so I'll hopefully have some pics to share with you. Thanks so much for stopping by. 

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and so inspiring Ruth. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Ruth, try making a small book and fill it with just marks.. It's a good record to have of all the ones you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Ruth, love how,you have used the stamps. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, these are gorgeous! Enjoy your workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so beautiful Ruth! Embossing is still 'magic' especially here!
    Sorry you won't be at Port Sunny! Enjoy the workshop - how silly of me - of course you will!
    Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love these Ruth, they look so delicate. You really have used Lin's stamps beautifully. Very inspirational! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on a roll Ruth, these are all stunningly beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous, all, so beautifully fall-like and with a hint of gold or cobber almost every one , which I so love, dear Ruth.
    You created so different cards, even using leaves, on all, but the last green one- They are all so very beautiful, and the embossing makes magic, as does the snow !!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's some serious Mixed Media eye Candy... All gorgeous, great colours, stamps and accents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These card are very impressive, love them all Ruth!! Beautiful you have used Lin's new stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are completely fabulous, Ruth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every single one of these is a piece of beautiful art Ruth! Love them, want to be able to create my own too. Thanks for the fabulous inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been experimenting with creating mixed media cards. I love the layering and simplistic look of these. I agree, embossing is such a fun technique to incorporate. Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.