Sunday 27 July 2014

Feeling the heat..

Quickish post, I had a fabulous day yesterday at Sue Carrington's Triptych workshop. I didn't quite finish assembling it in time so said I would post the the completed project. If you click on the link you can see the original colour scheme but I think the heat must have got to me and I chose a vibrant colour scheme. My comfort zone is neutrals or muted shades but it's been so sunny recently I just couldn't help thinking of sizzling sunny colours!


Anyway it was a fab workshop as always. One of the joys of a workshop is meeting like minded people, some who have crafted before and some to whom it's a whole new world....and one of the things I realised meeting new crafters is that there should be a crafters dictionary or thesaurus because we really do have our own special lingo. There were some puzzled faces, but by the end you could see another crafty addict emerging and looking forward to the next workshop.





Lastly thanks for all your lovely comments from my 2 recent posts, it's quite scary being given the honour of producing a piece of work for another blog but I thoroughly enjoyed it and really do appreciate people taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving such lovely comments...A Humungous Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth!
    This is a stunning piece! Beautiful hot colours indeed!
    Have a lovely day!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful Ruth,you really do the dreamy,vintage look so well. Love these colours,really alive and vibrant. Love your blog,always something lush to drool over :)

    Hope you having a great weekend

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh loving your zingy colours, this looks fabulous

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Ruth, love your triptych and I for one love the warm summery colours you have used!! Wonderful techniques on this arty piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, fantastic - love those hot summery colours, and it looks as though you had a fabulous, creative time with Sue!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using those warm, sunny colours was a great choice Ruth, this really is a beautiful and vibrant creation. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vibrant colours Ruth, your triptych looks great. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this isbeautiful,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fabulous piece Ruth and the colours are so stunning
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant piece of ART. The colors and the layout are super pleasing and the embossing is just added fun. Love this ALL... Great piece to be super proud of... love it.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ruth, this is gorgeous, the colours are really vibrant and the layout works so well.
    You must be really pleased with the results.
    Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.