Tuesday 6 May 2014

Patchwork Heart

Quick card made of scraps, love using up favourite bits of paper and stamped images like this. I have made cards with a square of 9 before now but thought this would be effective using the Paperartsy heart die.


 There is a swipe of old paper DI and I've used a computer font as surprisingly I don't have a stamp with that sentiment. The lace was left over from a workshop and I've added a button, so all in all pretty scrappy which is why I am entering it in the lets get scrappy challenge over at Creative Corner.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Ruth, I absolutely LOVE this card!!! Simple, yet so very, very effective! Love the way you did the heart, such a great use of paper scraps, -that inky swipe behind is just brilliant and the addition of the other elements make for a perfect composition! Brilliant!! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge over at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who simply can't do CAS this really appeals to me Ruth. It is such an incredibly elegant way of using up scraps and the design is superb. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x
    ps. I'm with you; living close to the Peak District is the best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love the simplicity of it. I agree with Astrid, it is so simple but VERY effective! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth, so glad you are Linda's over all winner at OCC, I just LOVED this piece from the moment I clapped eyes on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunned! Thanks Astrid for letting me know, It was a relatively quick card for me, one of those times when things just come together. One happy bunny today!

      Delete
  5. I didn't see this at the time... it's absolutely beautiful, Ruth and a completely worthy winner!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.